Peterson, who has lived at the Lighthouse for nearly his entire life, turned 18 on August 12. He will begin his junior year of high school next month. After he graduates, he hopes to attend university and become a successful entrepreneur.
Though Peterson hasn’t lived with his biological mom since he was a toddler, they communicate often over the phone. He says she is his hero, because she brought him into the world.
Here is a 10 question interview with Peterson from earlier this month. Happy birthday, Peterson! We are so thankful for your life.
1. What subject is easiest for you in school? What subject is hardest?
Social studies is the easiest for me, but I think I’m good in all of them.
2. What is your favorite activity at school?
I like telling jokes.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on Saturdays?
4. What is your favorite thing to do with your brother Johnny?
I play soccer with him.
5. What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in your life?
I wanted to be first in my class, and it happened.
6. What is your favorite thing about church?
Worship. I love to worship.
7. Who has given you the best advice?
Mama Odette. She always is counseling me.
8. What’s your favorite movie?
I like watching cartoons.
9. What is the best gift you’ve ever received and why?
My iPad! I say that because not everyone has the opportunity to have one.
10. What are you most grateful for and why?
I’m thankful for life, because I couldn’t buy it.